|Kleppeåsen from Vonheim
|Estimated net time||Around 30 minutes.|
There is no proper path, but there are a number of tracks that will lead you close to the summit.
|Drinking water||No access to running water.|
|GSM coverage||Coverage throughout the route (March 2012).|
|Parking||Room for a couple of cars at trail head.|
|Start height||45 metres|
|Vertical metres||115 metres for the roundtrip.|
|Trip distance||1.3 km|
Assume your starting point is the Ålesund area. Drive road 61 to Sulesund and
take the ferry across to Hareid. Start measuring at the Hareid ferry port:
- At 10.7 km to the round about south of Ulsteinvik and leave on the second exit, continuing on road 61 towards Måløy.
- At 16.1 km turn right towards Måløy, staying on road 61.
- At 19.1 km turn left towards Måløy, still on road 61.
- At 22.5 km turn left towards Voldnes.
- At 23.8 km turn right where signed for "Skule / Grendahus".
- At 24.4 km find parking on the right hand side of the road where a gravel road goes right.
From where you have parked walk 100 metres back down the road, to where there is a house on the left hand side of the road. Leave the road and head right (uphill) where you can see some kind of track. Walk east and later north-east, following whatever tracks you find. Note that the lower section can be a bit wet. The summit is obvious when you find it, but isn't marked in any way.
Descend by reversing your ascent route.
27. March 2012
Hike number three this Tuesday afternoon/evening, and the last one on the
agenda, after having hiked Laupsnipa and Heida, was Kleppeåsen. I expected this
hike to be done in less than 30 minutes, and it was. I also expected this to be
a dull hike with very limited views, but a deer crossing my track 40-50 metres
in front of me gave the hike some excitement. The rest was as expected. And by
the time I got back down to the car there was a light drizzle.