|Sævikhatten from Sævik
|Estimated net time||Less than one hour.|
|Drinking water||No stable access to running water.|
|GSM coverage||Coverage throughout the route (February 2014).|
|Parking||Room for a couple of cars at trail head.|
|Start height||40 metres|
|Vertical metres||160 metres for the roundtrip.|
|Trip distance||1.7 km|
From the junction between roads 61 and 654 on the island Gurskøya, approximately 18.7 km south on road 61 from the ferry port at Hareid:
- Drive 6.0 km and turn right towards Fosnavåg.
- Drive 5.0 km and turn left towards Fosnavåg.
- Drive 1.3 km and turn right towards Remøy.
- Drive 5.0 km and turn right towards Runde, approximately 100 metres after having crossed Remøybrua bridge.
- Drive 2.2 km and turn right where signed for "Sævik".
- Drive 250 metres uphill and fork right, and then another 50 metres to the top of the road. Park at the small car park.
Start your hike by walking up to the very top of the road, and then turn left and continue above the house. Follow the path 420 metres and turn right onto a smaller path. Follow this path up to the summit, which is marked by a trigonometric point marker.
Descend by reversing your ascent route.
01. February 2014
Hike #3 this slightly windy and grey Saturday, and Arnt was still joining me despite some health issues. This was an easy hike completed in less than 30 minutes, and then onwards to Leinebjørnen.