Justadtinden from Hagskardet


Estimated net time 4-5 hours
Difficulty No difficulties.
Drinking water No reliable access to drinking water.
GSM coverage Coverage throughout the route (July 2009).
Parking Room for many cars at one of the two car parks around trail head.
Start height 110 metres
Vertical metres 835 metres for the roundtrip
Trip distance 11.8 km
GPS-file X (only parts of the track)
Route photo  


From the intersection (round-about) of roads E10 and 815 outside Leknes drive 4.1 km on road 815 towards Stamsund. Just before you get to the top of the hill turn left and then turn left immediately. Find parking on the large car park.

Walk back towards where you exited from road 815 and turn left onto the gravel road that goes in the direction of the big telecomm mast. Follow this service road past the telecomm mast, passing it on its left hand side. The road now turns into a very good path, and you follow this path until you pass a fence. Turn right immediately after this fence and follow the path up towards Karisteinheia, passing this small top on its west and north sides. Continue north-east, and make sure you stay on the path. You now pass Steinheia on your left, before descending a little. Down at the bottom you have a lake on your left hand side. From here you ascend a little, before another small descent into Moshumpan. From here you continue east on the west ridge of Justadtinden, all the way to the summit. There is a very visible path all the way from trail head to the summit. At the summit you will find a registration book.

The descent is best done by reversing the ascent route.



18. July 2009

After my pre-breakfast hike to Offers°ykammen this Saturday, and then breakfast, Elisabeth and me set off for the main hike of the day; Justadtinden. After some messing around trying to locate the best trail head we were ready to start at 10:15.

Unfortunately this was another foggy day, but we were still determined to hike Justadtinden, hoping that maybe by the time we got to the summit the fog would clear. This only happened to a small extent; while we were at the summit the fog was as thick as can be, but after we had descended approximately 150 metres the fog lifted a little and we were able to see the summit for a couple of minutes. I considered running back up, but assumed the fog would build up again before I got to the summit (and this proved to have been the case).

So this was another Lofoten hike disturbed by fog, but as with all the other mountains we had visited both the hike and the mountain was very nice.

Photos 18.07.2009