Lyngstadfjellet CCW from Skardsholt


Estimated net time 1½ hours
Difficulty No difficulties.
Drinking water No stable access to running water.
GSM coverage Coverage throughout the route (October 2014).
Parking Room for one car in the junction below the farm. Other parking can be found along the road a little away from the trail head.
Start height 178 metres
Vertical metres 210 metres for the roundtrip.
Trip distance 4.1 km
GPS-file X


Route photo

  Lyngstadfjellet trail head at Skardsholt.


Assume your starting point is the round about east of Molde centre where roads E39 and 662 intersect. Drive 4.1 km east on road E39 and turn left in the round about, towards Eide. Follow road 64 5.8 km and pay toll (NOK 20 per 2014) when you exit the tunnel. Start measuring from the toll booth.

- At 5.9 km fork left in the round about, onto road 663 in the direction of Elnesvågen.

- At 11.8 km turn right towards "Farstad", continuing on road 663.

- At 21.5 km turn right towards Eide.

- At 24.2 km fork left and drive uphill where signed for "Øvre Bolli".

- At 28.3 km turn left onto gravel road.

- At 30.3 km park in the junction below a farm, making sure you obstruct other traffic as little as possible.

Start your walk by following the forest road north-east (right as you look up to the farm). After 360 metres the forest road turns into a path (over grown forest road). Continue another 730 metres, turn left, and walk off-path uphill north-west approximately 400 metres until you meet a path marked with red paint. Follow this path 530 metres to the summit cairn.

Descend by reversing back down to where you joined the path and then continue south-west on this path until you get to the cairn at 340m. The path now gets less obvious, and you should just head south-west down to a little above the farm. Turn left when you hit the grassy farm road, pass the farm, and walk down to where you parked your car.



19. October 2014

Kjetil and I had hiked Blåfjellet and Stordalstinden earlier this Sunday, and with still fine conditions and still some juice left in the legs we decided to throw in also Lyngstadfjellet. We found the planned trail head without any difficulties, but messed around a little and missed the path that was supposed to take us up above the forest. This didn't matter much and we got to the summit in 30 minutes. Then after a short summit stop we headed back down along the path, which we either lost or it just faded away, but again without causing any problems. I don't know if we found the best route, but anyway we ended up doing a fine circular route before getting into the car and the drive back home.

On our way back to Dragsundet, where Kjetil had parked his car, we agreed to meet a hunter who had shot a big deer this morning, and whom handed over the big head with antlers to Kjetil, who in turn would stuff and mount it.
Photos 19.10.2014