Solavågsfjellet clock-wise from Solavågen


Estimated net time 1½-2 hours
Difficulty No difficulties.
Drinking water Access to drinking water from the stream after having passed Ramsvikstølen.
GSM coverage Unknown.
Parking Room for 2-3 cars at trail head.
Start height 18 metres
Vertical metres 305 metres for the roundtrip
Trip distance 4.9 km
GPS-file X
Route photo  


Drive road E39 from Ålesund towards Bergen and Sulesund. From where road E39 makes a left towards Bergen continue 600 metres on road 61, and then turn right towards "Solevågseidet". Turn immediately right again, and drive across the bridge crossing road 61. Continue 2.1 km on this narrow road and find parking on the right hand side of the road.

At the far end of the small car park you will find a short path that takes you up to a gravel road that continues along the coast. Follow this gravel road for 1.3 km until you have a small bridge on your right, and signs for "Furneset", "Eikrem", "Eikremsvik", "Ramsvika" and "Solevåg". Follow the path marked with blue "T"s up into the forest. When the terrain gets flatter you turn right after having crossed a small stream. Continue to follow the "T"s, all the way to the summit. The summit is marked as a trigonometric point and also a registration book.

In order to make the hike a round trip you continue north from the summit for 150 metres, then gradually turn east. The path is still marked by blue "T"s. A little after where it is signed "Blanksteinen" the path makes a sharp left, but you should instead continue straight ahead and follow this path all the way back down to the road. Back at the road you turn right and continue along the road 750 metres back to the car.



31. October 2007

I did this hike together with Arnt, straight from work in Ålesund this rainy and miserable Wednesday. We met at trail head at 16:45. Along the gravel road by Ramsvika we suddenly had three deer in front of us, clearly neither expecting nor sensing humans in these windy and wet conditions. When they got wind of us they quickly turned around and ran the other way.

Up in the forest it soon became too dark to continue without head lamps, but it was raining so heavily that even with good lamps the visibility was very limited. I must admit I had no sense of directions as we were making our way through the forest, but Arnt had been here before and had at least a general idea about directions, which, as expected, safely brought us to the summit. We didn't stay long at the summit, and only one photo was taken; one of me illustrating the bad weather.

After this we quickly made our way back to the cars and headed home for hot showers.